Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Sunday, February 1, 2015

Meet My Newest Guest Kathryn Jane!


I want to welcome Kathryn Jane. First I’d love you to introduce yourself.

Tell us about your latest release.
Voices is Quinn and Rachel’s story. Rachel has a few quirks—like she hears voices, and she also had a healing gift she doesn’t quite understand. Quinn is a psychologist who works with people suffering from PTSD. When his wife, who’d disappeared two years earlier, shows up needing his help, he’s determined to hang on to her this time, but she’s determined to get him and his family’s security firm involved in solving a bizarre string of accidents with racehorses that’s left their handlers dead. They begin with an adventure, and discover there’s much about each other they didn’t know. Details that may prevent them from ever having a life together.
Now I have a few questions for you – I have found readers do like to know fun things about us writers.

1.) Who is your favorite villain – it can be from a book (even one of yours), movie or TV show. And why?

I don’t like villains, so this is a hard question for me. Hmm. Ah, I’ve got it, Sylvester the cat who’s always trying to capture Tweety-bird.

2.) Who is your favorite character out of your books? Why?

Oh but I love them all! I suppose Cass, from Do Not Tell Me No, because she has so darned much gumption, and she’s funny. But then there’s…Rachel, Grace, and Liz, and I can’t wait to write Angie’s story…But wait! There’s the men. And well, what’s not to love J

3.) What genre do you write? What made you pick that one?

Romantic suspense/adventure/paranormal/humor. I always sat down to write a mystery, but a romance would creep in. So now, I celebrate both by writing romantic suspense with side dishes of ESP and humor.

4.) What are you working on now?

One of the first full length books I wrote. I absolutely adored the story so it deserves a rewrite for publishing.
5.) What got you to start writing?

I’ve always written to purge pent up emotions. A few years ago I dug some of it out to see what it looked like and oh my, the sad and dark writings of a teenager should never see the light of day!

As for books, well, I confess, I was about to turn fifty and thought, my goodness, what have I got to show for fifty years? I’d always said that one day I’d write a book, so I sat down at the computer, and in less than two months, I’d done it—felt like I’d just scaled Everest and I wanted that feeling again so I wrote another book. And another, and so on. I’d written six before a friend read them and asked why I wasn’t getting them published. That’s when the next adventure began.

6.) Where do you get your ideas from?

I have no idea. My stories always begin in my head with a character. I see and opening scene and begin to write so I can find out what happens next.

7.) What would people who read your work be surprised to find out about you?

I don’t like to be the center of attention. Unless I’m teaching, that’s different.

8.) Do you have any special talents?

For over fifteen years I made my living training racehorses. I had an affinity for, and great success with the ones others had given up on.

9.) What was the one piece of advice you received when you were an aspiring author that has stuck with you? Why?

You can’t fix a blank page, so just write…it’s true. As long as you put words on the page, you can always fix them later.

10.) If you could talk to any famous figure (present, past or fictional) who would it be and what would you talk about?

Oprah, and I’d ask her what she knows for sure.

11.) What song would you say describes your life?

If you’re goin’ through hell, keep on moving, don’t slow down, if you’re scared don’t show it…

12.) If you could come back as any animal – what would it be?

A cat – I adore cats, their attitudes, their supple bodies, their freedom, their confident ability to seek attention, or shun it as they please.






1 comment: