Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Saturday, November 21, 2015

Welcome my Newest Guest! Theophilia St. Claire! @theoStClaire

I want to welcome Theophilia St. Claire First I’d love you to introduce yourself.

Hi! I'm Theo, author of M/M fiction and erotica. I live with my amazing family in the South, and I love anime, TV shows, yaoi, cats, and chocolate. In no particular order. I'm still relatively new to the publishing world, and I'm looking forward to hitting some Best Seller lists.

Tell us about your latest release.

My latest release, Three-Way Weekend, is also my first solo release! It's gay ménage, and a very erotic story about Jeremy and Ethan, a couple who want to try a threesome for the first time. However, Jeremy isn't really into the idea until they meet Javier, a sexy stranger from Spain. Jeremy becomes really conflicted because he lusts after Javier, but he still can't let go of his beliefs about what he thinks infidelity is. There's jealousy, insecurities, three sexy men, partying, and of course, lots of sex.

Now I have a few questions for you – I have found readers do like to know fun things about us writers.

1.) Who is your favorite villain – it can be from a book (even one of yours), movie or TV show. And why?

Really tough question to answer. I've seen a lot of awesome villains over the years, but as of late, I'm kind of obsessing over the Biskit Twins from Littlest Pet Shop. They're just so incredibly nasty and mean, so privileged, and literally think the whole world revolves around them. I love the way they talk, and how fashionable they are when they're treating people like the dirt beneath their heels. Let's just say that if I were a mean girl, I'd want to be a Biskit.

2.) Who is your favorite character out of your books? Why?

I love all my characters but Koji definitely takes favorite spot right now. I'm currently working on the story he appears in, and he's so desirable. He can have almost any man he wants on their knees. Koji is confident to the point of arrogance, cool, and totally owns the fact he's a "slut."

3.) What do genre do you write? What made you pick that one?

I write gay erotica, mostly M/M. I have no clue why I started writing in this genre. Ever since I was little, I've liked the idea of two males together. Maybe it was the forbidden or taboo aspect of it. Now that I think about it, it seems more appropriate to say the genre chose me.

4.) What are you working on now?

I am working on an erotic story about sex, obsession, and other questionable themes. And yes, it does include Koji.

5.) What got you to start writing?

When I was eleven, one of my favorite shows didn't end the way I wanted it to. So I decided to re-write the ending. I've loved writing since. Only recently did I look into getting published.

6.) Where do you get your ideas from?

Everywhere. Dreams, conversations I overhear, books I've read, movies I've watched, songs I've listened to, or sometimes they just seem to come to me out of nowhere.

7.) What would people who read your work be surprised to find out about you?

Probably my age ;)

8.) Do you have any special talents?

Not that I know of.

9.) What was the one piece of advice you received when you were an aspiring author that has stuck with you? Why?

"Write, write, write." Sometimes I procrastinate. Sometimes, I even want to do other things and make excuses. But then I remember that if I'm not writing, no one will ever read my stories.

10.) If you could talk to any famous figure (present, past or fictional) who would it be and what would you talk about?

Acheron Parthenopaeus from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series. He's ancient and he knows everything, so we'd talk about life, history, and I'd love to do a compare/contrast between living as a paranormal and living as a human. He's also very easy on the eyes, too.

11.) What song would you say describes your life?

Raul Ferrando - Yearning

12.) If you could come back as any animal – what would it be?

A cat, for sure.






Title: Three-Way Weekend

Blurb:
Lovers Jeremy Taylor and Ethan Mercer are looking for something different on Friday night—a complete stranger to take home for a steamy ménage. Well, Ethan's looking. Jeremy isn't too fond of the idea. He only agrees because it's what Ethan wants and Jeremy loves to please his lover.
When they spot Javier Cervantes, a sexy stranger from Spain, even Jeremy finds him irresistible. But Jeremy will have to put aside his feelings of jealousy and insecurity long enough to have a good time and he's not sure he can.

Author: Theophilia St. Claire

Author Bio: I am a writer of steamy M/M fiction! I'm a Southern girl with a love for writing, reading, and roleplaying. I probably watch too much anime, and I'm somewhat of a nerd. I like my fiction dark and sexy. The darker, the better.

Social Media:

Publisher: Fireborn Publishing


Excerpt:
Midtown Miami's hottest venue, The Stage, was packed as usual on Friday nights. A local band played reggae music while everyone jammed and swayed to the beat. Jeremy and Ethan sat at the bar with chilled shots of Patron. Fortunately, they had a great view of the band. The eclectic, but small bar had minimal seating capacity. Those who arrived late sat outside.
"Hey, Jer, you're being watched."
Jeremy Taylor turned his head to look, only to be stopped by Ethan's strong grip on his forearm.
His lover grinned. "Don't look. You're too obvious."
Jeremy sipped his drink, savoring the smooth liquid sliding down his throat. "How do you expect me to check out the goods if I can't even look?"
Huddled beneath the mood lights, they didn't need to yell over the band's pumping music. Jeremy imagined how they looked--two tall, muscled guys in leather jackets, close enough to kiss, and whispering as if sharing the world's secrets.
The thought made him smile. Or maybe the alcohol had loosened him up. He was already on his third shot of Patron.
"I'll tell you," Ethan said. His gray eyes gleamed with mischief. "Tall, dark, and sexy. Long hair. Ethnic."
Jeremy frowned. "You sound like you're reading from a menu."
"I want him on my menu."
Ignoring Ethan, Jeremy turned to look. Across the room, on a plush, tan couch next to graffiti art paintings, sat the poster man for his wet dreams.
Just like Ethan described: long, black hair cascaded past the newcomer's shoulders, brushing smooth dark tanned skin. The man's muscles rippled beneath tight, denim jeans, and a muscle shirt. The way he sat, with his legs spread casually, showed off an impressive bulge. Jeremy's dick twitched as heat flooded his groin.
"You can pick your jaw up off the floor, lover." Ethan's mocking voice snapped him back to reality. "I take it you like?"
Hell, yes.
"Why did I let you talk me into this again?" Despite the stranger's oozing attraction, Jeremy wasn't too gung-ho about this three-way idea.
In his mind, cheating was cheating. Even if his lover happened to be on the other side of the bed.
Jeremy had reluctantly agreed because he lived to please Ethan. And Ethan always got his way.
Ethan downed another shot. "You're indulging me. You know a ménage is my ultimate fantasy, and you're the conduit to making it a reality."
"I'm definitely indulging you," Jeremy said.
Ethan stood before him, close enough Jeremy could taste the sweetness of his alcohol-laced breath. "Jer, you know I won't do this if you're not up for it. And it's okay. I completely, absolutely, one-hundred and ten percent understand why you wouldn't be."
Yeah, right. The moment he refused to fulfill Ethan's fantasy, he'd make Jeremy regret it.
"Fuck it." Jeremy finished his shot in one gulp.
Ethan grinned. "Yes, let's. Though I think 'him' would fit better at the end of that sentence."
The band switched to another song, a reggaeton number that got the crowd on their feet dancing. Ethan glided through them, his body fluid while moving along to the music. Jeremy followed, still uneasy about this whole thing. He'd never picked up a random guy from a bar when he was single.
Doing it now with his monogamous lover of five years was awkward as shit.
Once they came to a stop at the sectioned-off couches, Jeremy's resolve weakened.
"Mind if we sit here? Bar's kinda full," Ethan said.
The guy chuckled, staring up at them with dark, hooded eyes. He was exotic with chiseled features and a killer smile. Jeremy wanted to feel those teeth in his skin, hard enough to leave imprints.
"Please, sit," he said with a Spanish accent. Jeremy swallowed hard. Ever since he'd studied abroad in Europe, he'd grown a thing for accents.
"I think we will. Won't we, Jeremy?"
Jeremy hesitated. He locked his baby blues on the pair of dark eyes looking back at him. Jeremy wanted him. And he wasn't comfortable with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment