Okay so it looks like I fell off the planet. Promise - I'm still here. The last four years have been ... hard. There's no other word for it. Everything is fine. I'm fine, but I've been the caregiver of my mom who has Dementia. Between her needs, work, etc I seem to have lost control of my time. I am still writing and am trying hard to get back to my blog.

In case you weren't aware Phaze and HSWF which where under the Mundania Umbrella have closed. I was smart enough to get my titles back before all this happened. I'm happy to say the three books I sold to HSWF have been picked up by Melange Books and are available through their Satin Books imprint. I have even sold a new title to them called Magical Quest due out in 2022

I have also been lucky enough to find a publisher for my Vespian Way series. I'm now with Blushing Books under the name of Bethany Drake. I have five titles out with them right now and am close to submitting two more. There's Desire's Destiny, Desire's Duty and Desire's Promise. Then there is two in my werewolf series, Tears of the Queen and Legend of the Tears. I have just finished the rough draft of the third book in the series and have plans for a fourth one the moment I submit it.

I'll probably still be sporadic here on the blog. Unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to help me I can't avoid it, but know I'm still here still working hard in the background and am hoping to do better at keeping my blog alive.

Barb:)



Friday, February 5, 2016

Writing Updates: My Mind is Never Idle #amwriting

This has been a hectic week. The people renting our house moved out and we're getting to ready for sale. I have been spackling holes and dings, wiping down doors and baseboards. Peeling off stickers they had left on the walls. I ache everywhere. This sedentary body isn't used to all this manual labor.

The one good thing about this busy work it allows my mind to have the freedom to do what it wants. I've written ten books in the Vespian Way with each book pushing at me to write it before I was finished with the one before it. There were times when I was working on three different books in different stages of writing or editing at the same time. This last book though started out of necessity. I knew I needed to write to keep me sane. As I've been working on it I thought maybe I was done with the series for a while and I would have time to work on something else.

Nope.

While I've been working on getting my old house ready for sale I was slapped with an idea.

Now understand I'm one of those authors that doesn't care for a series where the hero and heroine are constantly pulled apart. I don't want to do that with Heather and Storm, but I need to keep it interesting which is why there is always something for them to fight.

We, as authors are told to do the worst thing to our characters. The worst thing I can think of is killing one of them off, but I don't want to do that so what can I do? That's when it hit me. What if I create an environment where it looks like I've killed them off - I know I did that in Stolen Desire but this is different - what if I use one of the computers Heather is searching for to cause her and Storm to fall into a coma? What if I have Heather's mind jump into another person's body? What if Storm wakes up from his coma but Heather doesn't because her mind is in another body and he has to deal with the fact that his mate is not there for him or this war they're fighting?

One little thought will grow into a book. I just need a little more time.


No comments:

Post a Comment